(a) "Designated employee" means any officer, employee, member, or consultant of any agency whose position with the agency:
(1) Is exempt from the state civil service system by virtue of subdivision (a), (c), (d), (e), (f), (g), or (m) of Section 4 of Article VII of the Constitution, unless the position is elective or solely secretarial, clerical, or manual.
(2) Is elective, other than an elective state office.
(3) Is designated in a Conflict of Interest Code because the position entails the making or participation in the making of decisions which may foreseeably have a material effect on any financial interest.
(4) Is involved as a state employee at other than a clerical or ministerial level in the functions of negotiating or signing any contract awarded through competitive bidding, in making decisions in conjunction with the competitive bidding process, or in negotiating, signing, or making decisions on contracts executed pursuant to Section 10122 of the Public Contract Code.
(b) (1) "Designated employee" does not include an elected state officer, any unsalaried member of any board or commission which serves a solely advisory function, any public official specified in Section 87200, and also does not include any unsalaried member of a nonregulatory committee, section, commission, or other such entity of the State Bar of California.
(2) "Designated employee" does not include a federal officer or employee serving in an official federal capacity on a state or local government agency. The state or local government agency shall annually obtain, and maintain in its files for public inspection, a copy of any public financial disclosure report filed by the federal officer or employee pursuant to federal law.
(Amended by Stats. 2004, Ch. 484, Sec. 1.)