Alameda City USD | AR 1150 Community Relations
Commendations And Awards
Any Board of Education member, employee, parent/guardian, student or community member may submit the name of an individual or organization to the Superintendent or designee for Board recognition.
Persons proposing the recognition of an individual or organization shall also indicate a suggested type of recognition which may include, but is not limited to, the following:
1. Plaques or awards to be presented at a Board meeting, for providing the district or community with special, unusual or long-term assistance.
2. Board Resolution to be read at a Board meeting, for distinguished service to children and youth.
3. Letter of Recognition to be prepared by the Superintendent or designee on behalf of the Board, for significant achievement and/or service by groups such as the basketball team, choir, band, and parent/guardian/community organizations.
4. Receptions and other informal recognition activities.
5. School Site Commemorative Plaques, Trees, etc. The placement of commemorative plaques, trees, and/or other pertinent acknowledgements must be approved by the Superintendent.
Regulation ALAMEDA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
approved: December 9, 1997 Alameda, California
revised: August 25, 2009