Alameda City USD | AR 4128 Personnel
Shared Teaching Assignments
1. Shared teaching assignments shall be available only to tenured teachers who possess a clear credential, who are already employed by the district and who have mutually agreed to work together. Teachers may submit their request for such an assignment to the Superintendent or designee by March 1 of the preceding school year.
2. Teachers requesting a shared assignment shall be informed of the status of their proposal by June 10.
3. The Superintendent or designee shall annually review the effectiveness of the shared teaching assignment and determine whether or not it may continue the following year. He/she shall notify the teachers of this decision on or before March 15 of each year.
Hours and Responsibilities
1. Both teachers will work the equivalent of half of the school days required of full-time teachers and will perform a proportionate share of adjunct duties.
2. Both teachers shall meet with the principal before school opens to establish exact working days and meeting responsibilities. Although the teacher not on duty will not normally be required to attend staff meetings, both teachers shall attend parent conferences, open house, and back-to-school nights. Both teachers also may be expected to attend specific inservice meetings and to work a full day on at least the first two days of the first week of school.
3. Both teachers shall assume full responsibility for the class instructional program. They will regularly meet to jointly develop lesson plans and ensure clear lines of communication with parents/guardians.
4. The principal shall approve the teachers' working calendar before school opens.
Regulation ALAMEDA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
approved: September 10, 1996 Alameda, California
revised: August 25, 2009