Antelope Valley Union HSD | BB 9123 Board Bylaws
At the annual organizational meeting, the Board of Trustees shall elect a clerk from its own membership. (Education Code 35143)
(cf. 9100 - Organization)
The duties of the clerk shall be to:
1. Certify or attest to actions taken by the Board when required.
2. Maintain such other records or reports as required by law.
3. Sign the minutes of the Board meetings following their approval.
(cf. 9324 - Minutes and Recordings)
4. Sign documents as directed by the Board on behalf of the district, and sign all other items which require the signature of the clerk.
5. Serve as presiding officer in the absence of the president and vice president.
(cf. 9121 - President)
6. Perform any other duties assigned by the Board.
17593 Repair and supervision of property (duty of district clerk)
35038 Appointment of clerk by county superintendent of schools
35039 Dismissal of clerk
35121 Appointment of clerk in certain city and high school districts
35143 Annual organizational meetings
35250 Duty to keep certain records and reports
38113 Duty of clerk (re provision of school supplies)
CSBA Professional Governance Standards, 2000
Maximizing School Board Leadership: Boardsmanship, 1996
Bylaw ANTELOPE VALLEY UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
adopted: April 7, 1993 Lancaster, California
revised: September 5, 2001
revised: February 4, 2004