Antelope Valley Union HSD | BP 0200 Philosophy, Goals, Objectives and Comprehensive Plans
Goals For The School District
The district shall provide for the educational, personal and career needs of its students by striving to:
1. Provide a variety of classroom settings and instructional styles which have been shown to be effective.
2. Maintain orderly and efficient campuses which encourage positive attitudes in students and high morale and quality teaching from teachers.
3. Provide for the specialized needs of identified groups of students by the effective use of categorical aid funding.
4. Provide appropriate instruction to meet the varied future and career goals of students.
5. Assure that students achieve academic proficiency in essential areas of skill and knowledge.
6. Identify and respond to individual educational needs of students, each of whom is a unique human being who can ultimately become a responsible and contributing member of society.
7. Develop each student's respect of self and others, personal and school responsibility and critical thinking.
8. Involve parents/guardians and community members in a broad range of activities at each school, recognizing the vital role of parental attitudes and values in education.
51002 Local development of programs based on stated philosophy and goals
51020 Definition of goal
51021 Definition of objective
Healthy Food Policy Resource Guide, 2003
Maximizing School Board Leadership: Vision, 1996
Policy ANTELOPE VALLEY UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
adopted: November 13, 1990 Lancaster, California