Antelope Valley Union HSD | BP 3515 Business and Noninstructional Operations
The Board of Trustees is committed to maintaining the security of schools and school grounds. The Superintendent or designee shall establish procedures to:
1. Minimize fire hazards.
2. Reduce the probability of faulty equipment.
3. Guard against the chance of electrical shock.
4. Maintain records and funds in a safe place.
5. Protect against vandalism and burglary.
6. Assign responsibility for use of school building keys.
7. Maintain locked buildings during nonbusiness hours.
8. Provide routine patrolling of the schools and school grounds.
9. Secure outdoor areas and reduce the number of entrances which give access to the schools, by means such as fencing or landscaping.
(cf. 5131.5 - Vandalism)
(cf. 5142 - Student Safety)
(cf. 6114 - Emergencies and Disaster Preparedness Plan)
32020 Access gates
32211 Threatened disruption or interference with classes
35294-35294.9 School safety plans
469 Unauthorized making, duplicating or possession of key to public building
Safe Schools: A Planning Guide for Action, 1995
Protecting Our Schools: Governing Board Strategies to Combat School Violence, 1995
Policy ANTELOPE VALLEY UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
adopted: November 13, 1990 Lancaster, California