Antelope Valley Union HSD | BP 4314 Personnel
The Superintendent or designee shall assess the needs of the district and to assign leadership personnel to positions which will meet those needs.
Voluntary Change of Assignment
In order to promote administrative professional growth and career development, broaden management background, and share administrative and personnel skills within the district, the Board of Trustees encourages leadership personnel at all levels to apply for transfers and reassignments.
Involuntary Reassignment of Certificated Administrators
Involuntary reassignment within the administrator's classification (same job title) shall be initiated upon the recommendation of the Superintendent or designee in the best interests of the district.
The transfer of the leadership staff members to positions in various schools and departments of the district shall be made by the Superintendent or designee on the basis of some or all of the following criteria:
1. Overall staffing needs of the district.
2. Contribution which staff members could make to students in new positions.
3. Qualifications of staff member compared to those of outside candidates both for position to be vacated and for position to be filled.
4. Desire of staff member regarding assignment or transfer.
5. Opportunity for professional growth.
Administrators in job-alike and equal compensation positions may be subject to rotation of assignments on a lateral basis. The Superintendent or designee shall rotate administrators only upon approval by the Board.
The lateral end-of-year rotation of administrators shall be made only after a meeting between the leadership employee involved and the Superintendent or designee.
(cf. 4313.2 - Promotion/Demotion/Reclassification - Leadership and Confidential Personnel)
Involuntary Reassignment of Classified Managers
Any classified leadership staff member who has attained permanent status in his/her position may be reassigned to another classified leadership position for the following "causes" or reasons:
1. Reassignment will permit the district to use in another position the skills possessed by the leader being reassigned.
2. Reassignment will expose the leader to new duties and responsibilities; i.e., an opportunity for professional growth.
3. Need to develop classified leaders who are experienced in a variety of classified leadership areas.
4. Such other reasons which, in the judgment of the Superintendent or designee, will benefit the classified service.
(cf. 4312.1 - Contracts - Superintendent, Deputy, Associate, Assistant Superintendent, Senior Classified Management Employee)
35035 Additional powers and duties of superintendent
Hentschke v. Sink (1973) 34 Cal.App. 3d 19
Policy ANTELOPE VALLEY UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
adopted: November 13, 1990 Lancaster, California