Legal Resources | Code of Regulations, Title 22 | T22 51270
Local Educational Agency (LEA) Provider.
(a) A Local Educational Agency (LEA) Provider, as defined in Section 51190.2, shall be certified by the Department of Education as meeting all of the following conditions for participation:
(1) The LEA Provider meets the definition of an LEA as stated in Education Code, Section 33509(e), and
(2) The LEA Provider has signed a contract with the Department of Health Services.
(b) As a condition for participation, LEA Providers shall comply with the following requirements:
(1) Any federal funds received by an LEA Provider for LEA Services shall be reinvested by the LEA Provider in services, as identified in Education Code Section 8804(g), for school children and their families,
(2) LEA Providers shall consult with a local school-linked services collaborative group, such as defined in Education Code, Section 8806, regarding decisions on reinvestment of federal funds referred to in (b)(1) above,
(3) LEA Providers shall submit annually, on or before October 10th, a certification of the specific amount available in non-federal matchable funds to draw down federal Medicaid funds for the specific fiscal year.
(4) LEA Providers shall adhere to and comply with all federal and state third party liability requirements prior to billing Medi-Cal, including but not limited to policy directives issued by the federal Department of Health and Human Services and Health Care Financing Administration and those standards found in 42 United State Code Section 1396a(a)(25); 42 Code of Federal Regulations Section 433.139; Welfare and Institutions Code, Sections 14005, 14023.7, 14124.90; and Title 22, California Code of Regulations, section 51005 and Article 15 commencing with Section 50761.
(5) LEA Providers shall comply with confidentiality requirements as specified in 42 United States Code Section 1320c-9; 42 Code of Federal Regulations, Section 431.300; Welfare and Institutions Code, Section 14100.2; California Code of Regulations, Title 22, Section 51009; and Education Code, Sections 49060 and 49073 through 49079.
(6) LEA Providers shall submit an Annual Report which shall include, but is not limited to, the following:
(A) Identification of who participates in the community collaborative;
(B) Concise summary financial statement identifying funds received as a result of claiming for LEA Services and identifying both, how funds will be reinvested and how funds were reinvested in the previous year; and
(C) Identification of anticipated services priorities for the future.
(c) LEA Providers shall maintain records as necessary to fully disclose the type and extent of services provided to a Medi-Cal beneficiary.
(d) LEA Providers shall maintain records showing that all LEA Practitioners, which it employs or with which it contracts, meet and shall continue to meet all appropriate licensing and certification requirements.
(e) LEA Providers shall review each publication of the "suspended and ineligible list" of Medi-Cal providers periodically published and distributed by the Department. LEA Providers may not bill for services rendered by any practitioners found on this list during the suspended or ineligible period.
(f) LEA Providers shall adhere to and comply with all federal Health and Human Services and Health Care Financing Administration requirements with respect to billing for services provided by other health care professionals under contract with the LEA.
(g) The LEA Provider shall ensure that its practitioners provide only those services which are within their appropriate scope of practice.
Welfare and Institutions Code 10725
Welfare and Institutions Code 14124.5
Education Code 8804(g)
Education Code 8806
Education Code 33509(e)
Education Code 49060
Education Code 49073 through 49079
Welfare and Institutions Code 14005
Welfare and Institutions Code 14023.7
Welfare and Institutions Code 14053
Welfare and Institutions Code 14059
Welfare and Institutions Code 14100.2
Welfare and Institutions Code 14124.5
Welfare and Institutions Code 14124.90
Welfare and Institutions Code 14131
Welfare and Institutions Code 14132
42 USC 1320c-9
42 USC 1396a(a)(25)
42 CFR 431.300
42 CFR 433.139
(Amended by Register 94, No. 22)