Atascadero USD | AR 3290 Business and Noninstructional Operations
Gifts, Grants And Bequests
Any gift presented to the District with a value in excess of $250 should be accompanied by a letter from the donor for official action and recognition by the Board.
The Superintendent or designee will judge when a gift satisfies the following criteria:
1. Have a purpose consistent with those of the District.
2. Will not unreasonably add to staff load.
3. Will not bring undesirable or hidden costs to the District.
4. Will not imply endorsement of any business or product.
5. Will not be in conflict with any provisions of the school code or public law.
All gifts, grants, and bequests shall become District property.
In addition, when practicable, prior approval in the planning stage shall be obtained from the Superintendent, depending on the nature of the gift--instructional/noninstructional.
The Business Department will judge the item on the following criteria:
1. Is it safe to be used by children?
2. Is it well constructed, ensuring a long period of maintenance-free service?
3. Is it easily and inexpensively installed?
4. Is it efficient and economical to operate?
5. Is it aesthetically compatible with the school environment?
6. Does it meet all health and safety requirements?
The Instructional Department will judge the item on the following criteria:
1. Does it support and extend the District objective?
2. Is it supplemental to the program as opposed to supplanting the program?
3. Does it avoid interference with other equipment and activities at the school?
A letter of appreciation shall be sent to the donor indicating whether the donation was accepted and signed by the President of the Board or by the Superintendent.
Regulation ATASCADERO UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
approved: April 4, 2000 Atascadero, California