Atascadero USD | AR 4040 Personnel
Employee Use Of Technology
User Obligations and Responsibilities
Employees are authorized to use the District's on-line services in accordance with user obligations and responsibilities specified below.
1. The employee in whose name an on-line services account is issued is responsible for its proper use at all times. Users shall keep personal account numbers, home addresses and telephone numbers private. They shall use the system only under their own account number.
2. Employees shall use the system only for purposes related to their employment with the District. Commercial, political and/or personal use of the system is strictly prohibited. The District reserves the right to monitor any on-line communications for improper use.
3. Users shall not use the system to promote unethical practices or any activity prohibited by law or District policy.
4. Users shall not transmit material that is threatening, obscene, disruptive or sexually explicit, or that could be construed as harassment or disparagement of others based on their race, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion or political beliefs.
5. Copyrighted material may not be placed on the system without the author's permission. Users may download copyrighted material for their own use only and only in accordance with copyright laws.
(cf. 6162.6 - Use of Copyrighted Materials)
6. Vandalism will result in the cancellation of user privileges. Vandalism includes uploading, downloading or creating computer viruses and/or any malicious attempt to harm or destroy District equipment or materials or the data of any other user.
7. Users shall not read other users' mail or files; they shall not attempt to interfere with other users' ability to send or receive electronic mail, nor shall they attempt to read, delete, copy, modify or forge other users' mail.
8. Users are encouraged to keep messages brief.
9. Users shall report any security problem or misuse of the network to the Superintendent or designee.
(cf. 6163.4 - Student Use of Technology)
Regulation ATASCADERO UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
approved: May 2, 2000 Atascadero, California