Atascadero USD | E 9320 Board Bylaws
Meetings And Notices
Government Code 54954 Provisions Regarding Meetings Outside District Boundaries
Board meetings may be held outside District boundaries only under one or more of the following circumstances: (Government Code 54954)
1. When necessary to comply with state or federal law or court order, or to attend a judicial or administrative proceeding to which the District is a party.
2. To inspect real or personal property which cannot conveniently be brought into the District, provided that the topic of the meeting is limited to items directly related to the property.
3. To participate in meetings or discussions of multiagency significance, provided these meetings are held within one of the other agencies' boundaries, with all participating agencies giving the notice required by law.
4. To meet in the closest meeting facility if the District has no meeting facility within its boundaries or if its principal office is located outside the District.
5. To meet with state or federal officials when a local meeting would be impractical, solely to discuss legislative or regulatory issues affecting the District over which the state or federal officials have jurisdiction.
6. To meet in or near a facility owned by the District but located outside the District, provided the meeting is limited to items directly related to that facility.
7. To visit the office of the District's attorney for a closed session on pending litigation, when doing so would reduce legal fees or costs.
8. To attend conferences on nonadversarial collective bargaining techniques.
9, To interview residents of another District regarding the Board's potential employment of that District's superintendent.
10. To interview a potential employee from another District.
Exhibit ATASCADERO UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
version: September 21, 1999 Atascadero, California