Atascadero USD | BP 1313 Community Relations
Maintaining an environment supportive of learning and free of disruptive conduct is important to the success of our children's education. To further this goal, it is the intent of the district to promote, through this policy, mutual respect, civility and orderly conduct among district employees, parents/guardians, and other members of the public. It is also the intent of this policy to encourage positive communication and discourage disruptive, volatile, hostile or aggressive communication or actions. Furthermore, this policy is intended to maintain, to the extent possible, a safe, harassment-free workplace for teachers, students, administrators, other staff, parents/guardians and the public. It is not the district's intent to deprive any person of his/her right to freedom of expression. The district encourages the public's cooperation with and adherence to this policy.
Expected Level of Behavior
1. District employees should treat parents/guardians and other members of the public with civility, courtesy and respect.
2. Parents/guardians and other members of the public should treat students, staff, and each other, while on school grounds and/or participating in school-related activities, with civility, courtesy and respect.
Any conduct that disrupts or interferes with the discipline, good order, lawful conduct or administration of any school class or activity of the school or district, constitutes unacceptable behavior. Unacceptable conduct includes but is not limited to:
1. Disruption of or threats to disrupt school classrooms, activities, and/or operations
2. Threats to the health and safety of students or district employees
3. Battery or assault upon students, district employees or other persons
4. Willfully causing damage to district property
5. Using obscenities or speaking in a demanding, loud, insulting and/or demeaning manner; and/or
6. Unauthorized entry onto district premises and school grounds
The Superintendent or designee shall establish regulations and procedures as necessary to implement this policy.
32210 Willful disturbance of public school or meeting
44014 Report of assault by pupil against school employee
44810 Willful interference with classroom conduct
44811 Disruption of classwork or extracurricular activities
415.5 Disturbance of peace of school
416 Assembly to disturb peace, refusal to disperse
Policy ATASCADERO UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
adopted: February 4, 2003 Atascadero, California