Atascadero USD | E 9270 Board Bylaws
Conflict Of Interest
1. Category 1: A person designated Category 1 shall disclose:
a. Interests in real property located entirely or partly within district boundaries, or within two miles of district boundaries, or of any land owned or used by the district.
b. Investments or business positions in or income from sources which are engaged in the acquisition or disposal of real property within the district, are contractors or subcontractors which are or have been within the past two years engaged in work or services of the type used by the district, or manufacture or sell supplies, books, machinery, or equipment of the type used by the district.
2. Category 2: A person designated Category 2 shall disclose:
a. Investments or business positions in or income from sources which are contractors or subcontractors engaged in work or services of the type used by the department which the designated person manages or directs.
b. Investments or business positions in or income from sources which manufacture or sell supplies, books, machinery, or equipment of the type used by the department which the designated person manages or directs. For the purposes of this category, a principal's department is his/her entire school.
Designated Position Disclosure Category
Board of Trustees Members 1
Assistant Superintendents 1
Assistant Principals 2
Director of Athletics 2
Director of Curriculum and Instruction 2
Director of Student Intervention Services 2
Director of Support Services 2
Assistant Director of Support Services 2
Director of Technology 2
Director of Testing and Accountability 2
Health and Safety Coordinator 2
Citizens' Bond Oversight Committee Members 2
Disclosures for Consultants
Consultants are designated employees who must disclose financial interests as determined on a case-by-case basis by the Superintendent or designee. The Superintendent or designee's written determination shall include a description of the consultant's duties and a statement of the extent of disclosure requirements based upon that description. All such determinations are public records and shall be retained for public inspection along with this conflict of interest code.
A consultant is an individual who, pursuant to a contract with the district, makes a governmental decision whether to: (2 CCR 18701)
1. Approve a rate, rule, or regulation
2. Adopt or enforce a law
3. Issue, deny, suspend, or revoke a permit, license, application, certificate, approval, order, or similar authorization or entitlement
4. Authorize the district to enter into, modify, or renew a contract that requires district approval
5. Grant district approval to a contract that requires district approval and in which the district is a party, or to the specifications for such a contract
6. Grant district approval to a plan, design, report, study, or similar item
7. Adopt or grant district approval of district policies, standards, or guidelines
A consultant is also an individual who, pursuant to a contract with the district, serves in a staff capacity with the district and in that capacity participates in making a governmental decision as defined in 2 CCR 18702.2 or performs the same or substantially all the same duties for the district that would otherwise be performed by an individual holding a position specified in the district's conflict of interest code. (2 CCR 18701)
Exhibit ATASCADERO UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
version: October 21, 2014 Atascadero, California