Professional Service Requirement for Renewing a Professional Clear Credential.
(a) The chief administrative officer, or his or her designee of an educational institution that employs or has employed a credential holder shall verify on the credential holder's professional growth record that the credential holder has served successfully for at least one-half of a school year provided that, for multiple or single subject credentials, the service satisfies requirements (1) and (2) and either (3) or (4) of the below listed requirements; or provided that, for specialist or services credentials (at least one of which is a professional clear credential) the service satisfies (1) and (2) and either (3), (4) or (5) of the below listed requirements.
(1) The service was rendered for a minimum of 300 minutes per day for at least ninety days, or the equivalent, after the credential holder applied for the professional clear credential, or for the most recent renewal of the professional clear credential.
(2) The credential holder was not terminated for cause by the educational institution since the credential holder applied for the professional clear credential, or for the most recent renewal
(3) The service was rendered in a Position that requires certification in kindergarten or grades one through t verve during full-time employment, part-time employment, employment as a substitute teacher, or employment under another contractual agreement.
(4) The service was rendered on behalf of students and/or a group of certificated personnel in kindergarten or grades one through twelve at the site of one or more elementary schools or secondary schools.
(5) The service was rendered in an area of either:
(A) a specialist or service credential
(B) another professional capacity related to a specialist or service credential area.
This service must be performed in a public or private preschool, elementary school, or secondary school, or in a related educational setting serving children, youth (birth to 22) and/or families.
(b) The chief administrative officer, or his or her designee, shall discharge the responsibility of verifying successful service independently of any evaluation that may affect the credential holder's employment status.
Education Code 44225(b)
Education Code 44277(a)(1)
(Amended by Register 94, No. 19.)