Chapter 4. Division of Industrial Safety Subchapter 7. General Industry Safety Orders Group 15. Occupational Noise and Ergonomics Article 105. Control of Noise Exposure Training Program.
(1) The employer shall institute a training program for all employees who are exposed to noise at or above an 8-hour time-weighted average of 85 dBA, and shall ensure employee participation in such program.
(2) The training program shall be repeated annually for each employee included in the hearing conservation program. Information provided in the training program shall be updated to be consistent with changes in protective equipment and work processes.
(3) The employer shall ensure that each employee is informed of the following:
(A) The effects of noise on hearing;
(B) The purpose of hearing protectors, the advantages, disadvantages, and attenuation of various types, and instructions on selection, fitting, use, and care; and
(C) The purpose of audiometric testing, and an explanation of the test procedures.
(b) Access to Information and Training Materials.
(1) The employer shall make available to affected employees or their representatives copies of Article 105 and shall also post a copy in the workplace.
(2) The employer shall provide to affected employees any informational materials pertaining to this standard that are supplied to the employer by U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
(3) The employer shall provide, upon request, all materials related to the employer's training and education program pertaining to this standard to authorized representatives of the Chief of the Division and the Director, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health.
Labor Code 142.3
Labor Code 142.3
(Amended by Register 90, No. 41.)