Part B - Public Charter Schools. Subpart 3 - Voluntary Public School Choice Programs. Evaluations.
(a) In general
From the amount made available to carry out this subpart for any fiscal year, the Secretary may reserve not more than 5 percent -
(1) to carry out evaluations;
(2) to provide technical assistance; and
(3) to disseminate information.
In carrying out the evaluations under subsection (a) of this section, the Secretary shall, at a minimum, address -
(1) how, and the extent to which, the programs promote educational equity and excellence;
(2) the characteristics of the students participating in the programs; and
(3) the effect of the programs on the academic achievement of students participating in the programs, particularly students who move from schools identified under section 6316 of this title to schools not so identified, and on the overall quality of participating schools and districts.
(Pub. L. 89-10, title V, Sec. 5246, as added Pub. L. 107-110, title V, Sec. 501, Jan. 8, 2002, 115 Stat. 1805.)