(a) FEDERAL SHARE- The Federal share under this subpart may not exceed -
(1) 90 percent of the total cost of a program for the first year for which the program receives assistance under this subpart; and
(2) 75 percent of such cost for the second and each subsequent such year.
(b) PROPORTIONALITY- To the extent practicable, the Secretary shall ensure that grants awarded under this subpart shall be equitably distributed among local educational agencies and community-based organizations serving urban and rural areas.
(c) REPORT TO CONGRESS- Not later than June 1, 2003, the Secretary shall submit a report to Congress that -
(1) describes the programs assisted under this subpart;
(2) documents the success of such programs in improving physical fitness; and
(3) makes such recommendations as the Secretary determines appropriate for the continuation and improvement of the programs assisted under this subpart.
(d) AVAILABILITY OF FUNDS- Amounts made available to the Secretary to carry out this subpart shall remain available until expended.
(Public Law 107-110, January 8, 2002, Section 5506.)