Excellence in Economic Education Act of 2001. Purpose and goals.
The purpose of this subpart is to promote economic and financial literacy among all students in kindergarten through grade 12 by awarding a competitive grant to a national nonprofit educational organization that has as its primary purpose the improvement of the quality of student understanding of personal finance and economics.
The objectives of this subpart are the following:
(1) To increase students' knowledge of, and achievement in, economics to enable the students to become more productive and informed citizens.
(2) To strengthen teachers' understanding of, and competency in, economics to enable the teachers to increase student mastery of economic principles and the practical application of those principles.
(3) To encourage economic education research and development, to disseminate effective instructional materials, and to promote replication of best practices and exemplary programs that foster economic literacy.
(4) To assist States in measuring the impact of education in economics.
(5) To leverage and expand private and public support for economic education partnerships at national, State, and local levels.
(Pub. L. 89-10, title V, Sec. 5532, as added Pub. L. 107-110, title V, Sec. 501, Jan. 8, 2002, 115 Stat. 1848.)