Part D - Fund For The Improvement Of Education Subpart 16 - Parental Assistance And Local Family Information Centers. Purposes.
The purposes of this subpart are the following:
(1) To provide leadership, technical assistance, and financial support to nonprofit organizations (including statewide nonprofit organizations) and local educational agencies to help the organizations and agencies implement successful and effective parental involvement policies, programs, and activities that lead to improvements in student academic achievement.
(2) To strengthen partnerships among parents (including parents of children from birth through age 5), teachers, principals, administrators, and other school personnel in meeting the educational needs of children.
(3) To develop and strengthen the relationship between parents and their children's school.
(4) To further the developmental progress of children assisted under this subpart.
(5) To coordinate activities funded under this subpart with parental involvement initiatives funded under section 6318 of this title and other provisions of this chapter.
(6) To provide a comprehensive approach to improving student learning, through coordination and integration of Federal, State, and local services and programs.
(Pub. L. 89-10, title V, Sec. 5561, as added Pub. L. 107-110, title V, Sec. 501, Jan. 8, 2002, 115 Stat. 1856.)