Subchapter V - Promoting Informed Parental Choice And Innovative Programs. Part D - Fund For The Improvement Of Education. Subpart 10 - Physical Education. Administrative provisions.
(a) Federal share
The Federal share under this subpart may not exceed -
(1) 90 percent of the total cost of a program for the first year for which the program receives assistance under this subpart; and
(2) 75 percent of such cost for the second and each subsequent such year.
To the extent practicable, the Secretary shall ensure that grants awarded under this subpart shall be equitably distributed among local educational agencies and community-based organizations serving urban and rural areas.
(c) Report to Congress
Not later than June 1, 2003, the Secretary shall submit a report to Congress that -
(1) describes the programs assisted under this subpart;
(2) documents the success of such programs in improving physical fitness; and
(3) makes such recommendations as the Secretary determines appropriate for the continuation and improvement of the programs assisted under this subpart.
(d) Availability of funds
Amounts made available to the Secretary to carry out this subpart shall remain available until expended.
(Pub. L. 89-10, title V, Sec. 5506, as added Pub. L. 107-110, title V, Sec. 501, Jan. 8, 2002, 115 Stat. 1842.)