Bonita USD | E 3541.1 Business and Noninstructional Operations
Transportation For School-Related Trips
When using your vehicle to transport students on field trips or other school activity trips:
1. Be sure that you have registered with the district for such purposes and have a valid driver's license and current liability insurance at or above the minimum amount required by law for each occurrence.
2. Check the safety of your vehicle: tires, brakes, lights, horn, suspension, etc.
3. Carry only the number of passengers for which your vehicle was designed. If you have a pickup truck, carry only as many as can safely sit in the passenger compartment.
4. Require each passenger to use an appropriate child passenger restraint system (child car seat or booster seat) or safety belt in accordance with law.
5. Do not smoke a pipe, cigar, or cigarette while there are minors in the vehicle, as required by law.
6. Obey all traffic laws.
7. Take the most direct route to the destination or event without unnecessary stops.
In case of emergency, keep all students together and call 911 and the district office.
Exhibit BONITA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
version: June 22, 2016 San Dimas, California