Bonita USD | E 6163.4 Instruction
Student Use Of Technology
BONITA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
STUDENT TECHNOLOGY USE AGREEMENT
For School Year: ____________________
Student Name: _________________________________ School: ____________________
Parent/Guardian Name: _________________________________
Online/Internet Services: User Obligations and Responsibilities
Students are expected to follow the items below when using district equipment or when accessing a district network on a personal device:
1. The student in whose name an on-line services account is issued is responsible for its proper use at all times. Students shall keep personal account numbers and passwords private and shall use only the account to which they have been assigned.
2. Students shall use the district's system safely, responsibly, and solely for assigned educational purposes.
3. Students shall not use the system to engage in commercial or other for-profit activities.
4. Students shall not use the system to encourage the use of drugs, alcohol or tobacco, nor shall they promote unethical practices or any activity prohibited by law or Board Policy or administrative regulations.
5. Students shall not access, post, submit, publish, or display harmful or inappropriate matter that is threatening, obscene, disruptive, or sexually explicit, or that could be construed as harassment or disparagement of others based on their race/ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, or political beliefs. Harmful matter includes matter, taken as a whole, which to the average person, applying contemporary statewide standards, appeals to the prurient interest and is matter which depicts or describes, in a patently offensive way, sexual conduct and which lacks serious literary, artistic, political, or scientific value for minors. (Penal Code 313)
6. Copyrighted material shall be posted online only in accordance with applicable copyright laws. Any materials utilized for research projects should be given proper credit as with any other printed source of information.
7. Students shall not use the system to threaten, intimidate, harass, or ridicule other students or staff.
8. Students shall not intentionally upload, download, or create computer viruses and/or maliciously attempt to harm or destroy district equipment or materials or manipulate the data of any other user, including so-called "hacking."
9. Students shall not attempt to interfere with other users' ability to send or receive email, nor shall they attempt to read, delete, copy, modify or use another individual's identity.
10. Students shall report any security problems or misuse of the system to the teacher or principal.
11. Unless otherwise instructed by school personnel, students shall not disclose, use, or disseminate personal identification information about themselves or others when using email, chat rooms, or other forms of direct electronic communication. Students also shall be cautioned not to disclose such information by other means to individuals contacted through the Internet without the permission of their parents/guardians. Personal information includes the student's name, address, telephone number, Social Security number, or other personally identifiable information.
12. Students shall not use encryption to intentionally hide electronic activity while using a district-owned device or while using the district network.
Possible Consequences for Misuse
The district reserves the right to monitor use of the district's systems for improper use without advance notice or consent. Students shall be informed that computer files and electronic communications, including email, are not private and may be accessed by the district for the purpose of ensuring proper use.
Whenever a student is found to have violated Board policy, administrative regulation, or the district's Acceptable Use Agreement, the principal or designee may cancel or limit a student's user privileges or increase supervision of the student's use of the district's technological resources, as appropriate. Inappropriate use also may result in disciplinary action and/or legal action in accordance with law and Board policy.
I have read and understand all student obligations and responsibilities below and understand that my child can lose use privileges and/or face disciplinary action if any of the obligations and responsibilities are not followed.
Parent/Guardian Signature Date
I have read and understand all student obligations and responsibilities below and understand that I can lose use privileges and/or face disciplinary action if any of the obligations and responsibilities are not followed.
Student Signature Date
Exhibit BONITA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
version: June 22, 2016 San Dimas, California