(a) The schoolsite council shall develop a school plan which shall include all of the following:
(1) Curricula, instructional strategies and materials responsive to the individual needs and learning styles of each pupil.
(2) Instructional and auxiliary services to meet the special needs of non-English-speaking or limited-English-speaking pupils, including instruction in a language these pupils understand; educationally disadvantaged pupils; gifted and talented pupils; and pupils with exceptional needs.
(3) A staff development program for teachers, other school personnel, paraprofessionals, and volunteers, including those participating in special programs. Staff development programs may include the use of program guidelines that have been developed by the superintendent for specific learning disabilities, including dyslexia, and other related disorders. The strategies included in the guidelines and instructional materials that focus on successful approaches for working with pupils who have been prenatally substance exposed, as well as other at-risk pupils, may also be provided to teachers.
(4) Ongoing evaluation of the educational program of the school.
(5) Other activities and objectives as established by the council.
(6) The proposed expenditures of funds available to the school through the programs described in Section 52851. For purposes of this subdivision, proposed expenditures of funds available to the school through the programs described in Section 52851 shall include, but not be limited to, salaries and staff benefits for persons providing services for those programs.
(7) The proposed expenditure of funds available to the school through the federal Improving America's Schools Act of 1994 (IASA) (20 U.S.C. Sec. 6301 et seq.) and its amendments. If the school operates a state-approved schoolwide program pursuant to Section 6314 of Title 20 of the United States Code in a manner consistent with the expenditure of funds available to the school pursuant to Section 52851, employees of the schoolwide program may be deemed funded by a single cost objective.
(b) The schoolsite council shall annually review the school plan, establish a new budget, and if necessary, make other modifications in the plan to reflect changing needs and priorities.
(Amended by Stats. 1999, Ch. 646, Sec. 31.)
Education Code 52851