Carlsbad USD | E 0200 Philosophy, Goals, Objectives and Comprehensive Plans
Goals For The School District
2005-06 District Goals: Every Student Makes Significant Yearly Progress Toward Achieving Appropriate And Meaningful Standards
* The percentage of students achieving their annual measurable objectives increases (using state standards test results, District benchmark assessments, teacher estimated performance levels, and summative report card grades).
* The percentage of students in specific subgroups achieving at the proficient/advanced levels at the site and District levels increases (includes advanced learners, socio-economically disadvantaged students, English language learners/redesignated, former and current at-risk/retention students, special education students).
STRATEGIES FOR ACHIEVING THE DISTRICT GOAL AND OBJECTIVES
Every student is taught through a standards-aligned curriculum.
* Student progress reporting systems and report cards are standards-based.
* The number of students enrolled in 8th grade Algebra I increases.
* The percentage of students achieving at the proficient/advanced level in 8th grade Algebra I increases.
* The percentage of students achieving a "3" or higher on writing assessments increases.
* The percentage of students in the healthy fitness zone for each of the six fitness areas increases.
Every employee achieves specific performance and professional development goals supporting student learning and organizational effectiveness.
* Employee professional development plans and site/department-based professional development calendars focus on student learning and/or organizational effectiveness.
* Evaluations of training sessions confirm a strong connection between employee training and improved student learning and/or organizational effectiveness.
We create a safe, trustful environment in which resources are optimized and communications are respectful and informative.
* Explicit actions are taken to ensure a safe, trustful environment
* District, site and department action plans, staffing plans and balanced budgets show the integrated use of all available resources (including general fund; lottery; facilities funding; categorical funds; grants; and parent, community and educational foundation contributions) to fund priorities for student learning and organizational effectiveness.
* Specific strategies for cost containment in special education are successfully implemented while maintaining a free and appropriate education (FAPE) for identified students.
* Explicit actions are taken to improve communication on a monthly basis.
* The District will build and open an elementary school in southeast Carlsbad in 2006 on time and within budget.
* Explicit academic, programmatic, personnel, and facility actions are taken to accommodate growth at the secondary level.
Exhibit CARLSBAD UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
version: July 26, 2006 Carlsbad, California