Legal Resources | Education Code | EC 48933
Funds of student body organization
(a) The funds of any student body organization established in the public schools of any school district shall, subject to approval of the governing board of the school district, be deposited or invested in one or more of the following ways:
(1) Deposits in a bank or banks, or other institution, whose accounts are federally insured.
(2) Investment certificates or withdrawable shares in state-chartered savings and loan associations and savings accounts of federal savings and loan associations, provided those associations are doing business in this state and have their accounts insured by the Federal Savings and Loan Insurance Corporation.
(3) Purchase of repurchase agreements issued by savings and loan associations or banks.
(4) Purchase of bonds, notes, bills, certificates, debentures, or any other obligations issued by the United States of America.
(5) Shares or certificates for funds received or any form of evidence of interest or indebtedness issued by any credit union in this state, organized under the provisions of Division 5 (commencing with Section 14000) of the Financial Code or the statutes of the United States relating to credit unions insured by the administrator of the National Credit Union Administration or a comparable agency as provided by a state government.
(b) The funds shall be expended subject to such procedure as may be established by the student body organization subject to the approval of each of the following three persons, which shall be obtained each time before any of the funds may be expended: an employee or official of the school district designated by the governing board, the certificated employee who is the designated adviser of the particular student body organization, and a representative of the particular Student body organization.
(Amended by Stats. 1992, Ch. 115, Sec. 3.)