Legal Resources | | EC 10200
Chapter 2. CalWORKs Recipients: Instructional And Job Training Plan
(a) As used in this chapter, "CalWORKs recipient" means a parent or caretaker relative receiving aid under Chapter 2 (commencing with Section 11200) of Part 3 of Division 9 of the Welfare and Institutions Code, or any successor program.
(b) The county superintendent of schools, the local community college districts, the local school districts that provide adult education, and the directors of other job training programs in the county shall develop a plan by March 31, 1998, that provides for instructional and job training services to CalWORKs recipients within that county. The plan shall be approved by the county welfare director. The plan shall include all of the following:
(1) An estimate of the number of CalWORKs recipients in that county that are expected to require education and job training services and a description of the types of services necessary to meet their needs, pursuant to the county plan required by Section 10530 of the Welfare and Institutions Code.
(2) An estimate of the number of spaces available in short-term classes that are offered as part of the regular course schedule at educational institutions that may be used by CalWORKs recipients in that county.
(3) An estimate of the number of full-time equivalent students and average daily attendance rates that will be generated by CalWORKs recipients at each institution in excess of the number of recipients attending these institutions in the 1996-97 fiscal year.
(4) Proposals for expansion of services and course offerings that are particularly suited for the needs of CalWORKs recipients.
(5) An analysis of job demand and employment opportunities within that county using currently available, up-to-date information, and an analysis of how the courses and job training programs will assist CalWORKs recipients in securing employment.
(6) A description of outreach efforts that will be undertaken to identify job opportunities for CalWORKs recipients who participate in instruction and job training courses.
(Added by Stats. 1997, Ch. 270, Sec. 15.)
Welfare and Institutions Code 10530
Welfare and Institutions Code 11200