Davis Joint USD | AR 4040 Personnel
Employee Use Of Technology
On-Line/Internet Services: User Obligations and Responsibilities
Employees are authorized to use district equipment to access the Internet or on-line services in accordance with Board of Education policy and the user obligations and responsibilities specified below.
1. The employee in whose name an on-line services account is issued is responsible for its proper use at all times. Employees shall keep account information, home addresses and telephone numbers private. They shall use the system only under their own account number.
2. Employees shall use the system responsibly and primarily for work-related purposes.
(cf. 6162.7 - Use of Technology in Instruction)
3. Employees shall not access, post, submit, publish or display harmful or inappropriate matter that is threatening, obscene, disruptive or sexually explicit, or that could be construed as harassment or disparagement of others based on their race/ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion or political beliefs.
(cf. 4030 - Nondiscrimination in Employment)
(cf. 4031 - Complaints Concerning Discrimination in Employment)
4. Employees shall not use the system to promote unethical practices or any activity prohibited by law, Board policy or administrative regulations.
5. Copyrighted material shall not be placed on the system without the author's permission. Employees may download copyrighted material only in accordance with applicable copyright laws.
(cf. 6162.6 - Use of Copyrighted Materials)
6. Employees shall not intentionally upload, download or create computer viruses and/or maliciously attempt to harm or destroy district equipment or materials or the data of any other user, including so-called "hacking."
7. Employees shall use their district assigned email accounts for all work-related electronic email communications.
8. Employees shall not read other users' electronic mail or files. They shall not attempt to interfere with other users' ability to send or receive electronic mail, nor shall they attempt to read, delete, copy, modify or forge other users' mail.
9. Users shall report any security problem or misuse of the services to the Superintendent or designee.
(cf. 6163.4 - Student Use of Technology)
Regulation DAVIS JOINT UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
approved: January 6, 2011 Davis, California
revised: January 9, 2019
revised: June 20, 2019