Delano Joint HSD | E 6141 Instruction
Curriculum Development and Evaluation
CONCERNS THAT RELATE TO CURRICULUM CHANGE PROPOSALS
District personnel should use the following list of questions as a guide in the preparation of curriculum change proposals. These concerns are among those most frequently discussed as proposals are reviewed by the District Curriculum Counsel and Governing Board.
1. Why is this curriculum change needed?
2. What are the concepts, skills, and ideas to be learned?
3. What are the objectives (observable evidence of learning) for the course?
4. What text and other references are recommended?
5. What are the prerequisites, if any?
6. Who is this course intended to serve?
7. What expenses are involved in the initiation and maintenance of this proposal?
8. Have you prepared a "Course Approval Sheet"* to be used:
a. When you present the course to the district curriculum council?
b. As a guide for counselors when registering students?
9. What are the scheduling complications related to the proposed change?
10. Does the proposal fit into the long-range plans for your department's curriculum?
11. Will this proposal have any major affect on the remainder of the curriculum?
12. What provisions will be made for selection of materials for the course?
13. Are any special facilities or equipment needed?
*The Course Approval Sheet includes such information as grade levels served, required or elective course, prerequisites, purpose of course and the student learning objectives for the course.
DELANO JOINT UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT