Delano Joint HSD | BP 6142.31 Instruction
The goals of computer education in the district shall be:
1. Develop awareness and understanding of the capabilities and limitations of computers.
2. Develop awareness and understanding regarding the impact of computers on society and its members.
3. Develop knowledge and skill in the operation of basic microcomputers as tools.
4. Develop the basic skills necessary for appropriate use of computers in a vocational or college setting (word processing, data management and acquisition).
5. Increase staff knowledge in order to enable appropriate selection and use of software in the regular instructional program.
6. Increase staff awareness of computer based modes of learning.
7. Make computer classes available to interested members of the community through the Adult Education program.
Policy DELANO JOINT UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
adopted: April 27, 1993 Delano, California