Delano Joint HSD | AR 5111.14 Students
Admission And Exclusion Of 18 Year Olds
A student over 18 years of age transferring from a non-district school may be admitted to a district high school under the following conditions:
1. The student must have continuously attended a school prior to his/her 18th birthday.
2. The student must be on target for graduation based upon years of high school enrollment.
3.5 years - must have acquired 170 semester credits
3.0 years - must have acquired 140 semester credits
2.0 years - must have acquired 85 semester credits
3. The student must not have been designated for teacher notification under Education Code 49079 in the previous school district.
A student over 18 years of age transferring from a district alternative or continuation school to a comprehensive high school must meet the following conditions:
1. The student must be on target for graduation, based upon years of high school enrollment.
3.5 years - 170 semester credits
3.0 years - 140 semester credits
2. Student transfers will only be accepted at the beginning of each semester.
3. The student must have earned a minimum of 25 credits during the semester prior to transfer.
4. During the quarter prior to transfer, the student must have a 90 percent positive attendance rate.
Non-graduating seniors 18 years or older:
1. Students lacking 10 or fewer semester units for graduation and/or have not passed the California High School Exit Exam will be admitted to the comprehensive high school the following year, if they have acquired 25 credits in the previous semester and have maintained a 90% attendance rate. Otherwise, they may remediate any deficiencies in summer school or Delano Adult School. Upon completion of all requirements necessary for graduation from the comprehensive high school, the student will be awarded a diploma from the comprehensive high school.
2. Students who are lacking more than 10 semester units will be admitted to the high school the following school year, but must remain on target for graduation, successfully complete 25 credits each semester, and maintain a 90 percent positive attendance rate in order to continue at a district high school.
Notification to 18 year old students and parents.
Delano Joint Union High School District recognizes that it is necessary to communicate with parents/guardians regarding the educational progress of their children. An 18 year old student, according to the State Department of Education (Education Code 46012), assumes full responsibility for his/her education. Parents/guardians of 18 year old students will be notified of the inherent responsibilities of an 18 year old student. All 18 year old students will be notified of the repercussions of irresponsibility. An 18 year old student failing to meet the responsibilities listed below will be excluded from school. A transfer to the adult school will be recommended.
The following responsibilities must be met:
1. A 90 percent positive attendance rate
2. Attendance to class and school on time
3. Completion of all required classroom assignments
4. Compliance with the discipline handbook
5. Completion of 25 semester units, and compliance with graduation requirements
46012 Base revenue adjustment - determining "changes in enrollment"
49079 Privacy of Pupil Records
Regulation DELANO JOINT UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
approved: October 10, 2006 Delano, California