Delano Joint HSD | E 1250 Community Relations
DELANO JOINT UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
CUSTOMER SERVICE STANDARDS
The Delano Joint Union High School District is a service organization.
We provide support to our customers: faculty, staff, students, parents, visitors, and guests.
Students and parents are our primary customers.
Each time we engage a customer, we represent our department, our program, our school site, our employee group, and our school district.
Each of us is personally responsible for providing "Five Star Service" to our customers in every area.
Five Star Service
* Treating customers as we would like to be treated.
* Basing our actions on core values.
* Treating each other with respect and professionalism, essential for our customer service efforts with the external public.
Consistent with our District-wide core values of character, loyalty, and excellence, we will maintain the following Customer Service Core Values when serving our customers:
Core Value: Character
* Treat customers with dignity, respect, and courtesy.
* Listen attentively and objectively to the needs of the customer.
Core Value: Loyalty
* Respond to customers in a timely, efficient and responsible manner.
* Respect the rights of the customer to confidentiality.
Core Value: Excellence
* Respond to customers with accurate and complete answers.
* Connect the customer to staff members who can and will assist them (no "run around").
* Solicit feedback from customers on improving programs and services.
"FIVE-STAR SERVICE" FOR EVERY CUSTOMER, EVERY DAY
Visits to DJUHSD schools and school site offices
* Our customers will enter a welcoming environment.
* Signs will direct visitors to the appropriate office.
* Facilities will be neat and clean.
* All visitors will be greeted as soon as possible upon arrival.
* Staff will be dressed in a professional manner (at a minimum, business casual).
* Staff will be wearing name badges.
* All customers will be treated with respect and in a friendly manner.
* Staff will listen to customers and take their views, wishes and needs seriously.
* Customers will be directed to the appropriate person for assistance.
* When answering the phone, staff will try to answer calls within three rings.
* Staff will greet the customer politely and tell them to whom they are speaking and the name of the department, program, or school.
* Staff will attempt to answer their questions immediately if at all possible, without transferring the call.
* If a transfer is necessary, staff will listen and understand the nature of any request before making a transfer.
* When transferring calls, staff will tell the customer the name and number of the person to whom they are being transferred and take a message if we cannot transfer the call.
* Staff will announce the customer's call to the person the customer is trying to reach before the call is transferred.
* Voice mail messages will be updated regularly.
* Messages left on voice mail will be retrieved within 24 hours during the workweek.
* An acknowledgment of the call will be made within 24 hours of the call being retrieved.
* Emails will be acknowledged within 24 hours during the workweek.
* When forwarding emails to another staff member who is responsible for providing service to the customer, we will request a response to the customer within 24 hours during the workweek, and we will cc the customer.
* Letters will be acknowledged within 24 hours during the workweek.
* Letters will be responded to within 10 working days.
* We will use plain language and limit the use of highly technical terms.
* We will provide information in the languages needed.
* We will provide an interpreter when we are aware of this need.
* District/school web sites, marquees, and bulletin boards will provide accurate, up-to-date, and reliable information.
* Staff will proactively inform customers of important news and events by mail or by phone.
* Our staff members will maintain the customer's confidentiality and privacy.
* We will share information about our customers only as necessary for business purposes.
CHARACTER - LOYALTY - EXCELLENCE
Exhibit DELANO JOINT UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
version: May 15, 2012 Delano, California