Delano Joint HSD | AR 4315.1 Personnel
Competence In Evaluation Of Teachers
Administrators who evaluate teachers must meet the following criteria:
1. Possess a valid administrative credential.
2. Be competent in instructional methodologies used by teachers they are assigned to evaluate.
3. Be familiar with district policies and procedures for personnel supervision, performance evaluation and staff development.
(cf. 4115 - Evaluation/Supervision)
(cf. 4131 - Staff Development)
(cf. 4131.5 - Professional Growth)
4. Be skilled in the supervision of instruction and in techniques and procedures related to the evaluation of instruction.
5. Understand district curriculum priorities, policies and practices, including their development, implementation and evaluation.
(cf. 6141 - Curriculum Development and Evaluation)
6. Understand district standards on student progress.
In order to determine that individual administrators meet the above criteria, the Superintendent or designee shall observe the administrator while he/she is conducting an evaluation and assess the administrator's competencies in each area listed above.
Policy DELANO JOINT UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
adopted: October 14, 1997 Delano, California