El Dorado Union HSD | E 9150 Board Bylaws
Student Board Members
STUDENT BOARD MEMBER AND STUDENT REPRESENTATIVES SELECTION, DUTIES, AND GUIDELINES
Duties of Student Board Member
The duties of the Student Board Member include the following:
1. To provide continuing input for Board deliberations.
2. To strengthen communications between the Board and district students.
3. To represent all students and facilitate the discussion of all sides of issues. This duty does not preclude the Student Board Member from stating his/her individual opinion.
Duties of Student Representatives
The duties of the student representative include the following:
1. Be present at regularly scheduled public meetings of the Board.
2. Present a 3-minute oral report to the Board highlighting information about their respective school(s) student activities, achievements, or concerns.
3. Meet regularly with their school(s) Director of Student Activities and/or Principal or designee to review proposed reports.
Selection of Student Board Member
Student Board Members shall be selected in accordance with the following:
1. Each school determines its own method by which students would select one junior or senior candidate/nominee for the position of Student Board Member.
2. Nominees will be interviewed by a panel consisting of two representatives from each comprehensive high school (preferably the current ASB president or designee and one student representative from current year or designee), one student representing the alternative programs/Shenandoah High School, the current Student Board Member, two Board members, and the Superintendent or designee.
3. Students on the interview panel shall select the Student Board Member.
4. The position of Student Board Member shall not be rotated among schools. Rather, the process should identify the bestqualified candidate to represent all students.
The Superintendent or designee(s) office shall provide the Student Board Member with full and complete agendas and copies of any materials received by the Board, except for those materials covered in closed session and any other confidential materials. The Superintendent(s) office shall serve as the (home office) for the Student Board Member, where he/she may make use of secretarial facilities and receive advice and/or information upon request.
(cf. BB 9150 - Student Board Member & Student Representatives)
Exhibit EL DORADO UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
reviewed: January 26, 2016 Placerville, California