El Dorado Union HSD | AR 4040 Personnel
Employee Use Of Technology
Employees are authorized to use the district equipment to access the Internet and other on-line services in accordance with Board policy, and the user obligations and responsibilities specified below.
1. The employee in whose name an on-line services account is issued is responsible for its proper use of at all times. Users shall keep personal account information, home addresses, and telephone numbers private. They shall use the system only under the account to which they have been assigned.
2. Employees shall use the system safely, responsibly, and primarily for work-related purposes.
3. Users shall not access, post, submit, publish, or display harmful or inappropriate material that is threatening, obscene, disruptive or sexually explicit, or that could be construed as harassment or disparagement of others based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, or political beliefs.
(cf. 4030 - Nondiscrimination in Employment)
(cf. 4031 - Complaints Concerning Discrimination in Employment)
(cf. 4119.11/4219.11/4319.11 - Sexual Harassment)
4. Users shall not use the system to promote unethical practices or any activity prohibited by law, Board policy, or administrative regulation.
(cf. 4119.25 / 4219.25 / 4319.25 - Political Activities of Employees)
5. Employees shall not use the system to engage in commercial or other for-profit activities without permission of the Superintendent or designee.
6. Copyright material shall be posted on-line in accordance with applicable copyright laws.
(cf. 6162.6 - Use of Copyrighted Materials)
7. Employees shall not attempt to interfere with other users' ability to send or receive email, nor shall they attempt to read, delete, copy, modify, or forge other users' email.
8. Employees shall not develop any classroom or work-related web sites, blogs, forums, or similar on-line communications representing the district or using district equipment or resources without permission of the Superintendent or designee. Such sites shall be subject to rules and guidelines established for district on-line publishing activities including, but not limited to, copyright laws, privacy rights, and prohibitions against obscene, libelous, and slanderous content. Because of the unfiltered nature of blogs, any such site shall include a disclaimer that the district is not responsible for the content of messages. The district retains the right to delete material on any such on-line communications.
9. Users shall report any security problem or misuse of the network to the Superintendent or designee.
(cf. 6163.4 - Student Use of Technology)
Regulation EL DORADO UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
approved: June 19, 2018 Placerville, California