El Dorado Union HSD | AR 3250 Business and Noninstructional Operations
When approved by the Governing Board, the District may charge transportation fees for students traveling to and from school. (Education Code 39807.5)
(cf. 3540 - Transportation)
(cf. 3541 - Transportation Routes and Services)
The total amount received by the District from the state and parent/guardian fees shall not exceed the actual operating cost of home-to-school transportation during the fiscal year. If excess fees are collected due to errors in estimated costs, fees shall be reduced in succeeding years. (Education Code 10913, 39801.5, 38909.5, 39837)
Bus passes and tickets shall be sold at all District schools and at the District office. No money shall be collected on school buses.
EXEMPTION FROM FEES
Upon enrollment and at the beginning of each school year, parents/guardians shall receive information about income eligibility standards and application procedures for a waiver of the transportation fee. All applications and related records shall be confidential and used only for the purpose of determining a student's eligibility for a fee waiver.
(cf. 3553 - Free and Reduced Price Meals)
(cf. 5125 - Student Records)
Students receiving free transportation shall not be identified by the use of special bus passes, tickets, lines, seats, or any other means. They shall in no way be treated differently from other students, nor shall their names be published, posted, or announced in any manner or used for any purpose other than the transportation program.
OCCASIONAL BUS RIDERS
The occasional rider will have the opportunity to purchase tickets, which will be redeemed for one-way transportation on any bus route. Tickets are available at the school office or at the District Office.
The parent or guardian must submit a written request explaining why a refund is requested. Refunds will be given for:
* Overpayment of bus fees.
* A change in the student(s class schedule. Verification of schedule change must be provided in addition to the written request for a refund.
* A student is no longer attending District schools due to Board action.
REPLACEMENT OF STICKERS
There will be a fee for replacement of lost or destroyed bus stickers.
RETURNED CHECK POLICY
A $20.00 minimum processing charge for checks returned due to insufficient funds will be assessed.
Initially, no child will be left without transportation for nonpayment of bus fees. However, if fees remain unpaid for a period of 5 school/attendance days, or documentation is not provided for the free/reduced price bus fees, the following steps will be taken:
1. The parent or guardian will be contacted by phone and advised of their nonpayment of fees. The parent or guardian will be advised of his/her option to obtain a bus pass.
2. If the parent or guardian does not obtain a pass, a letter will be sent to the parent or guardian notifying them that the student will be denied transportation effective 5 days from the date of the letter.
3. Parents failing to send students to school because of denied bus service will be referred to the El Dorado County Student Attendance Review Board (SARB).
All existing policies and rules regarding safety, student behavior, and discipline on school buses will remain in effect.
Regulation EL DORADO UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
approved: June 28, 1994 Placerville, California
revised: June 24, 2008
revised: March 10, 2020