El Dorado Union HSD | AR 3250 Business and Noninstructional Operations
Fee Schedule and Collection
Transportation fees charged by the district shall not exceed the statewide average nonsubsidized cost of providing such transportation to a student on a publicly owned or operated transit system, as determined by the Superintendent of Public Instruction. (Education Code 39807.5)
The total amount received by the district from the state and parent and guardian fees shall not exceed the actual operating cost of home-to-school transportation during the fiscal year. If excess fees are collected due to errors in estimated costs, fees shall be reduced in succeeding years. (Education Code 38909.5)
The Governing Board shall certify to the County Superintendent of Schools that the district has levied fees in accordance with law and that, in the event that excess fees have been charged, the fees have been reduced and excess fee revenue eliminated. (Education Code 39809.5)
The district has developed the following procedures for collection of school bus fees which are in accordance with Education Code 39800.
Daily Bus Pass User Fee Schedule
Students will pay a fee to ride the school bus to or from school. The fee structure will be adopted by the Board. The state and federal guidelines for free or reduced meals will be used as the guideline for free or reduced bus service.
Free/Reduced Bus Pass User
Those students whose family qualifies under state and federal guidelines for free or reduced meals under the National School Lunch Program shall be eligible for free or reduced price bus fees
(cf. 3553 - Free and Reduced - Price Meals)
(cf. 5145.6 - Parental Notifications)
(cf. 5125 - Student Records)
Occasional Bus Riders
The occasional rider will have the opportunity to purchase tickets, which will be redeemed for one-way transportation on any bus route. Tickets are available at the school office or at the district office.
The parent and guardian must submit a written request explaining why a refund is requested. Refunds will be given for:
* Overpayment of bus fees.
* A change in the student's class schedule. Verification of schedule change must be provided in addition to the written request for a refund.
* A student is no longer attending district schools due to Board action.
Replacement of Stickers
There will be a fee for replacement of lost or destroyed bus stickers.
Returned Check Policy
A $20.00 minimum processing charge for checks returned due to insufficient funds will be assessed.
Initially, no child will be left without transportation for nonpayment of bus fees. However, if fees remain unpaid for a period of 5 school/attendance days, or documentation is not provided for the free/reduced price bus fees, the following steps will be taken:
1. The parent and guardian will be contacted by phone and advised of their nonpayment of fees. The parent and guardian will be advised of his/her option to obtain a bus pass.
2. If the parent and guardian does not obtain a pass, a letter will be sent to the parent/guardian notifying them that the student will be denied transportation effective 5 days from the date of the letter.
3. Parents failing to send students to school because of denied bus service will be referred to the El Dorado County Student Attendance Review Board (SARB).
All existing policies and rules regarding safety, student behavior, and discipline on school buses will remain in effect.
Regulation EL DORADO UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
approved: June 28, 1994 Placerville, California
revised: June 24, 2008