El Dorado Union HSD | AR 3540 Business and Noninstructional Operations
No student shall be required to be transported for any reason without the written permission of the student's parent/guardian, except in emergency situations involving illness or injury to the student. (Education Code 35350)
Means Of Transportation
To provide transportation services, the Governing Board may purchase, rent, or lease vehicles; contract with a common carrier or municipally owned transit system; contract with responsible private parties including the parent/guardian of the student being transported; and/or contract with the County Superintendent of Schools. (Education Code 35330, 39800, 39801)
(cf. 3311 - Bids)
(cf. 3312 - Contracts)
It is the intent of the district to provide home-to-school transportation services to students whenever possible.
School bus stops and home-to-school bus transportation may be available to a student when all of the following conditions exist:
1. a. The student lives beyond the 2-mile no busing zone. The no busing zone is the area within a 2-mile radius (drawn on a flat map-air miles) of the school the student attends. However, a student who lives within the no busing zone is permitted to use the home-school bus service if the student comes to a regular bus stop outside the no bus zone.
b. Stops established within the 2-mile no busing zone will be on established routes and will meet criteria for bus stops established by California Code of Regulations, Title 13, Section 1238.
2. A student resides beyond a 2-mile walking distance to the nearest bus stop and there are 5 or more other students in that area and desiring to ride the bus on a regular basis at the beginning of the school year.
3. The proposed new bus stop and the road(s) leading to it are serviced by county, city, or state maintained roads all year-around.
4. There is sufficient space to safely turn a bus around.
5. The new bus stop meets criteria for bus stops as established by California Code of Regulations, Title 13, Section 1238.
6. Payment of transportation bus fees per Administrative Regulation 3250.
"0" Period, ROP, and After School Activities
Home-to-school transportation is not provided to students attending "0" period in the morning, ROP programs, and after school activities.
Home-to-school transportation is not provided to students living outside the school district.
Home-to-school transportation will be provided for students on intradistrict transfers to the extent that the student can use the existing bus routes and bus stops. The student may use such bus routes to go to one school and transfer to a bus service to the desired school.
Bus Routes And Stops
School bus and school pupil activity bus stops made for receiving and discharging pupils shall be designated by the Superintendent or designee.
New subdivisions or areas may constitute a stop if the safety and number of students warrant this pickup and the above requirements are met.
Regulation EL DORADO UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
approved: January 11, 1994 Placerville, California
revised: October 12, 1999
revised: January 2013