El Dorado Union HSD | AR 7140 Facilities
Architectural And Engineering Services
The Governing Board shall engage the services of a licensed architect(s) holding a valid certificate or engineer(s) holding a valid certificate for the preparation of plans, specifications or estimates for any construction project, through a signed contract. (Education Code 17302)
(cf. 3312 - Contracts)
Contractors for any architectural, landscape architectural, engineering, environmental, land surveying, or construction project management services shall be selected, at fair and reasonable prices, on the basis of the demonstrated competence and professional qualifications necessary for the satisfactory performance of the services required. (Government Code 4526)
The Superintendent or designee shall ensure that the selection process for project receiving state funding: (Government Code 4526)
1. Ensures that projects entail maximum participation by small business firms as defined pursuant to Government Code 14837.
2. Prohibits practices which might result in unlawful activity such as rebates, kickbacks, or other unlawful consideration.
3. Prohibits district employees from participating in the selection process when they have a relationship with a person or business entity seeking a contract which would subject the employee to the prohibition of Government Code 87100.
(cf. 9270 - Conflict of Interest)
The selection process may also include: (Government Code 4527)
1. Detailed evaluations of current statements of prospective contractor's qualifications and performance data.
2. Discussion of alternative approaches for furnishing the services with at least three firms.
3. Selection of at least three firms deemed to be the most highly qualified to provide the required services, in accordance with established criteria and recommended in order of preference.
Contracts shall specify that all plans, specifications, and estimates prepared by the contractor shall become the property of the district. (Education Code 17316)
Regulation EL DORADO UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
approved: March 9, 1999 Placerville, California
revised: June 8, 1999
revised: April 2000