El Dorado Union HSD | BP 7000 Facilities
Concepts And Roles
The Governing Board recognizes that one of its major responsibilities is to provide healthful, safe and adequate facilities that enhance the instructional program. The Board shall endeavor to make the provision of adequate school facilities a priority in the district. Because the schools serve as a focal point for the community, the Board shall also strive to ensure that district facilities provide a healthful environment that they fit harmoniously and attractively into their neighborhoods and that they have flexibility of design to meet future educational and community needs.
(cf. 9000 - Role of the Board)
The Board shall regularly review its facilities master plan in light of the district's educational goals. In accordance with this plan, the Board shall:
1. Approve additions or major alterations to existing buildings.
(cf. 7111 - Evaluating Existing Buildings)
2. Determine what buildings shall be built, when and where, and what equipment shall be purchased for them.
3. Determine the method of financing that will be used.
(cf. 7210-Facilities Financing)
4. Select and purchase school sites for future plant expansion.
(cf. 7150 - Site Selection and Development)
5. Approve the selection of architects and structural engineers.
6. Award contracts for design and construction.
7. Name schools and individual buildings.
(cf. 7310 - Naming of Facility)
The Superintendent or designee shall:
1. Assess the district's short- and long-term facility needs.
2. Direct the preparation and updating of the facilities master plan.
3. Oversee the preparation of bids and award of contracts.
(cf. 3311 - Bids)
4. Supervise the implementation of the district's building program in accordance with the master plan, Board policy, and state and local requirements, including collaboration with the architect and contractor on the construction of new facilities and modernization of existing facilities.
5. Represent the district in official governmental interactions related to the building program.
CODE OF REGULATIONS, TITLE 5
14001 Minimum standards
14010 Procedure for site acquisition
14030 Preliminary procedure, planning and approval of school facilities
Policy EL DORADO UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
adopted: May 5, 1992 Placerville, California
revised: March 9, 1999
revised: April 2000