El Dorado Union HSD | AR 1330 Community Relations
Use Of School Facilities
APPLICATION FOR USE OF FACILITIES
Any person applying for the use of school facilities or grounds on behalf of any society, group, or organization shall present written authorization from the group or organization to make the application.
Persons or organizations applying for the use of school facilities or grounds shall submit a facilities use statement indicating that they uphold the state and federal constitutions and does not intend to use school premises to commit unlawful acts.
CIVIC CENTER USE
Subject to district policies and regulations, school facilities and grounds shall be available to citizens and community groups as a civic center for the following purposes (Education Code 32282, 38131):
1. Public, literary, scientific, recreational, educational, or public agency meetings
2. The discussion of matters of general or public interest
3. The conduct of religious services for temporary periods, on a one-time or renewable basis, by any church or religious organization
4. Child care programs to provide supervision and activities for children of preschool and elementary school age
(cf. 5148 - Child Care and Development)
(cf. 5148.2 - Before/After School Programs)
(cf. 5148.3 - Preschool/Early Childhood Education)
5. The administration of examinations for the selection of personnel or the instruction of precinct Board members by public agencies
6. Supervised recreational activities including, but not limited to, sports league activities that are arranged for and supervised by entities, including religious organizations or churches, and in which youths may participate regardless of religious belief or denomination
7. A community youth center
(cf. 1020 - Youth Services)
8. Mass care and welfare shelters during disasters or other emergencies affecting the public health and welfare
(cf. 0450 - Comprehensive Safety Plan)
(cf. 3516 - Emergencies and Disaster Preparedness Plan)
9. A ceremony, patriotic celebration, or related educational assembly conducted by a veterans' organization
A veterans' organization means the American Legion, Veterans of Foreign Wars, Disabled American Veterans, United Spanish War Veterans, Grand Army of the Republic, or other duly recognized organization of honorably discharged soldiers, sailors, or marines of the United States, or any of their territories. (Military and Veterans Code 1800)
10. Other purposes deemed appropriate by the Governing Board.
School facilities or grounds shall not be used for any of the following activities:
1. Any use by an individual or group for the commission of any crime or any act prohibited by law
2. Any use which is inconsistent with the use of the school facility for school purposes or which interferes with the regular conduct of school or school work
3. Any use which involves the possession, consumption, or sale of alcoholic beverages or any restricted substances, including tobacco use.
(cf. 3513.3 - Tobacco-Free Schools)
However, the Superintendent or designee may approve the use of district facilities for special events that may involve the acquisition, possession, use, or consumption of alcoholic beverages when the event is covered by a special events permit pursuant to Division 9 of the Business and Professions Code and will occur at a time when students are generally not on the school grounds. (Business and Professions Code 25608)
Any such use of school facilities shall be subject to any limitations that may be necessary to reduce risks to the district and ensure the safety of participants, as determined by the Superintendent or designee. Applicable limitations shall be clearly stated in the facility use agreement to be signed by the user's representative.
The district may exclude certain school facilities from non-school use for safety or security reasons.
DAMAGE AND LIABILITY
Groups, organizations, or persons using school facilities or grounds shall be liable for any property damages caused by the activity. The District may charge the amount necessary to repair the damages and may deny the group further use of school facilities or grounds. (Education Code 38134)
Any group using school facilities or grounds shall be liable for any injuries resulting from its negligence during the use of district facilities or grounds. The group shall bear the cost of insuring against this risk and defending itself against claims arising from this risk. (Education Code 38134)
Groups or organizations shall provide the district with evidence of insurance against claims arising out of the group's own negligence when using school facilities. (Education Code 38134) As permitted, the Superintendent or designee may require a hold harmless agreement and indemnification when warranted by the type of activity or the specific facilities being used.
USE OF FACILITIES BY CLASSIFICATION
Eligible organizations will be classified as follows, with priority for use in the order listed. The school principal will determine the classification of the applicant.
Class I School sponsored and school connected groups, including student organizations, adult classes, and parent organizations.
Class II Educational groups and recreational youth groups, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, etc.
Class III Public agencies, including the City of Placerville and Recreation Departments engaged in cooperative activities in the public interest.
Class IV Community organizations of a civic or service nature, existing primarily for community betterment; community service districts.
Class V Private organizations existing for the benefit of members such as fraternal and social clubs.
Class VI Private organizations or commercial venture where admission, donation, or collections are solicited, non-profit organization fund-raising events, church services, and religious instruction.
1. Class I (school groups) normally meeting all the requirements of California Education Code, Sections 38130-38139, for which direct costs will be charged.
2. Classes II through V (non-school groups) may meet all the requirements of California Education Code, Sections 38130-38139, for which direct costs will be charged.
3. Class VI (organizations or groups) that make an admission charge or solicit contributions for their own welfare, and whose net receipts are not contributed to or expended for the welfare of students in the school district, shall be charged fair rental value for the use of facilities. (Education Code 38134)
EL DORADO UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
SCHEDULE OF CHARGES AS OF 3-23-10
USE OF SCHOOL & TRANSPORTATION FACILITIES
The following is a Schedule of Charges for use of school buildings and/or equipment by SCHOOL and non-school groups who qualify under Sections 40048 of the Civic Center Act, Education Code, State of California for "direct-costs" and (fair market value( fees:
1. All charges shall by based on an amount sufficient to pay the cost to the District of salaries, supplies and utilities. A $25.00 processing fee for all approved use of facilities applications will be assessed. Flat rate fees may be used for long-term or seasonal use.
TYPE OF FACILITY DIRECT COSTS FAIR MARKET VALUE
CLASS I ( V CLASS VI
(Per Hour of Use) (Per Hour of Use)
Culinary Arts Center1 $75.00 $100.00
Gymnasium $75.00 $100.00
Shower Room $25.00 $50.00
Auditorium/Wrestling Room $60.00 $90.00
Multipurpose Room/Cafeteria $60.00 $130.00
Kitchen $25.00 $50.00
Library $25.00 $50.00
Computer Lab $35.00 $50.00
Individual Classrooms or Faculty Room $20.00 $40.00
Theater (at El Dorado & Ponderosa H.S. $80.00 $160.00
Borelli Outdoor Theater at El Dorado $100.00 $200.00
Performing Arts Center
(at Oak Ridge & Union Mine H.S.) $100.00 $200.00
Field/Track/Parking Lot2 and 3 $20.00 $35.00
Artificial Turf Field/Track 3 $125.00 $160.00
Swimming Pool 4
0-50 persons $ 40.00 $ 60.00
51-100 persons $80.00 $120.00
Custodial Worker $25.00 $25.00
Custodial Worker (time and 1/2) $37.50 $37.50
1. Two-hour required minimum; kitchen not rented.
2. Parking lot charges only applicable to events taking place in the parking lot.
3. Plus lights at $25.00/hour, if needed.
4. This fee must be paid by all groups if any personnel is furnished by the District.
All required charges shall be paid in advance of the first use of any facility for which a charge is made. These fees shall be paid to the El Dorado Union High School District Business Office, 4675 Missouri Flat Road, Placerville, CA 95667.
The Superintendent or designee at his/her discretion may allow up to 25% of the fee to be paid by "In Kind" services. In these circumstances, a written agreement shall be prepared detailing the amount of the fee that otherwise would have been paid, based on the Use of School Facilities Fee Schedule, and the fair market value of the in lieu of improvements/supplies/services to be provided to the District. The fair market value of the improvements/supplies/services shall be at least as great as the fee(s) that would have otherwise been paid.
The in lieu fair market value of improvements/supplies/services shall be determined by the District, and must meet a high priority need as identified by the site administrator/principal.
2. Transportation Equipment - Fees
Transportation charges to groups on recreational activities organized and conducted by Classes II, III, and IV under the control of another public agency will be $3.26 per mile plus driver's salary and salary-driven costs.
EL DORADO UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
USE OF SCHOOL EQUPMENT - SCHEDULE OF CHARGES
Equipment Fee (per unit)
Standard microphone $ 10.00
Wireless microphone $ 50.00
PA with microphones $ 50.00
Television monitor $ 38.00
VCR $ 33.00
Cart for TV and recorder $ 20.00
Overhead projector $ 20.00
Slide projector $ 33.00
Screen $ 15.00
Audio cassette player $ 25.00
VHS video camera $ 85.00
Flip chart easels/pads $ 15.00
Podium $ 10.00
Equipment rates are per day.
Tables and chairs are included in facility rental.
Policy EL DORADO UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
adopted: April 12, 2016 Placerville, California