(a) The five-year plan for capital construction shall set out the estimated capital construction needs of the district with reference to at least both of the following elements:
(1) The current enrollment capacity of the district expressed in terms of weekly student contact hours and based upon the space and utilization standards for community college classrooms and laboratories adopted by the board of governors.
(2) District office, library, and supporting facility capacities as derived from the physical plant standards for office, library, and supporting facilities adopted by the board of governors.
(b) The five-year plan for capital construction may also set out the estimated capital construction needs of the district with reference to other elements, including, but not limited to:
(1) The plans of the district concerning its future academic and student services programs, and the effect on estimated construction needs that may arise because of particular courses of instruction or subject matter areas or student services to be emphasized.
(2) The enrollment projections for each district formulated by the Department of Finance, expressed in terms of weekly student contact hours. The enrollment projections for each individual college and educational center within a district shall be made cooperatively by the Department of Finance and the Chancellor of the California Community Colleges.
(3) An annual inventory of all facilities and land of the district using standard definitions, forms, and instructions adopted by the board of governors.
(4) An estimate of district funds that shall be made available for capital outlay matching purposes pursuant to regulations adopted by the board of governors.
(Amended by Stats. 2014, Ch. 34, Sec. 15.)