In every community college district which was divided into five wards on or before September 7, 1955, one member of the board shall be elected from each ward by the registered voters of the ward. On or before January 1st of a fiscal year the governing board of the district may rearrange the boundaries of the wards to provide for representation in accordance with population and geographic factors or may abolish the wards.
(Enacted by Stats. 1976, Ch. 1010.)