topleft >  Services >  Governance Technology > 

Legal Resources | Education Code |  EC  81606  

Improvement of streets   

arrow Previous bar Next arrow

The governing board of any community college district may grade, pave, construct sewers, or otherwise improve streets and other public places in front of real property owned or controlled by it, and also may construct in immediate proximity to any school or site owned or controlled by the district, pedestrian tunnels, overpasses, footbridges, sewers and water pipes when required for school or administrative purposes, may acquire property, easements and rights-of-way for such purpose, and may appropriate money to pay the cost and expense of the improvements, whether made by the board under contract executed by the board, or under contracts made in pursuance of any of the general laws of the state respecting street improvements, or under other contracts made in pursuance of the charter of any county or municipality.

(Enacted by Stats. 1976, Ch. 1010.)