(a) The governing board of any community college district may issue revenue bonds pursuant to this chapter.
(b) The board, for the purpose of this chapter, has power and is hereby authorized, in addition to and amplification of all other powers conferred upon the board by the Constitution of the State of California or by any statute of the State of California:
(1) To acquire subject to the state law, by grant, purchase, gift, devise, or lease, or by the exercise of the right of eminent domain, and to hold and use any real or personal property necessary or convenient or useful for the carrying on of any of its powers pursuant to this chapter.
(2) To construct, operate, and control any project.
(3) To fix rates, rents, or other charges for the use of any project acquired, constructed, equipped, furnished, operated, or maintained by the board, or for services rendered in connection therewith, and to alter, change, or modify the same at its pleasure, subject to any contractual obligation which may be entered into by the board with respect to the fixing of these rates, rents, or charges.
(4) To enter into covenants to increase rates or charges from time to time as may be necessary pursuant to any contract or agreement with the holders of any bonds of the board.
(5) At any time and from time to time, to issue revenue bonds in order to raise funds for the purpose of establishing any project, of acquiring lands for any project, of acquiring, constructing, improving, equipping, or furnishing any project, of refinancing any project, or for any combination of these purposes, which bonds may be secured as provided in this chapter.
(6) To exercise, subject to state law, the right of eminent domain for the condemnation of private property or any right or interest therein.
(7) To adopt the rules and regulations as may be necessary to enable the board to exercise the powers and to perform the duties conferred or imposed upon the board by this chapter.
(8) Nothing contained in this section or elsewhere in this chapter shall be construed directly or by implication to be in derogation of, or in limitation of, the powers conferred upon or existing in the board by virtue of provisions of the Constitution or statutes of this state.
(c) The board shall determine the time, form, and manner of the issuance of revenue bonds.
(Amended by Stats. 1990, Ch. 1372, Sec. 582.)