(a) When, after any application is filed, the applicant district is annexed to, or, by change of boundaries or otherwise, is included in whole or in part in another district or districts, the superintendent of schools of the county having jurisdiction over the applicant district shall, within 10 days after the effective date of the annexation, inclusion, or change of boundaries, file a certificate with the board, in writing, in the form that the board shall prescribe, setting forth each of the following:
(1) The effective date of the annexation, inclusion, or change of boundaries.
(2) Identification of the area of the school district affected by such change and the name of the school district or districts in which such area is included as a result thereof.
(3) Any additional information in any form that the board may require.
(b) The board shall, upon receiving the appropriate certificate from a county superintendent of schools as provided herein, promptly notify the Controller, in writing, of each of the following:
(1) The effective date of annexation or other inclusion of a state-aided district by an acquiring district.
(2) The name of the state-aided district.
(3) The name of the acquiring district.
(4) The number and other identification of the apportionment affected.
(Added by Stats. 1996, Ch. 277, Sec. 2. Operative January 1, 1998.)