topleft >  Services >  Governance Technology > 

Legal Resources | Education Code |  EC  68084  

Federal civil service; resident classification   

arrow Previous bar Next arrow

(a) A parent who is a federal civil service employee and his or her natural or adopted dependent children are entitled to resident classification at the California State University, the University of California, or a California community college if the parent has moved to this state as a result of a military mission realignment action that involves the relocation of at least 100 employees. This classification shall continue until the student is entitled to be classified as a resident pursuant to Section 68017, so long as the student continuously attends an institution of public higher education.

(b) It shall be the responsibility of the California Community Colleges, the California State University, and the University of California to certify qualifying military mission realignment actions under this section.

(Amended by Stats. 2004, Ch. 225, Sec. 6.)


Education Code 68017