California Small Business Innovation Research Program Program; Chapter operative dates
(a) This chapter shall remain in effect only until January 1, 2001, and as of that date, is repealed, unless a later enacted statute that is enacted before January 1, 2001, deletes or extends that date.
(b) The Legislative Analyst, in conjunction with the Bureau of State Audits, shall conduct a review of the effectiveness of this chapter for submission to the Governor, the Legislature, and the Board of Governors of the California Community Colleges as part of the Legislative Analyst's analysis of the Budget Bill to be issued in February 1999. In evaluating the program, the Legislative Analyst shall consider the matters specified in paragraphs (1) and (2) and, in conjunction with the Bureau of State Audits, shall consider the matter specified in paragraph (3):
(1) The findings of the report required by Section 15379.70.
(2) An analysis of data compiled in accordance with Section 15379.28.
(3) The net effect of program services in the local and regional economy, including new employment, skills enhancement, and training for work force reentry.
(4) An assessment of whether any identified problems are issues that affect the implementation of this chapter or issues that warrant revisions of statutes or regulations. The assessment shall include recommendations to improve the California Community Colleges Economic Development Program while maintaining its basic purposes, including the program mission as established by Section 15379.21.
(5) The extent to which the recommendations of the Bureau of State Audits, as contained in Audit Report #94123 dated January 1996, have been implemented, or to which appropriate justification for nonimplementation has been provided by the board of governors.
(Amended by Stats. 1999, Ch. 78, Sec. 54.)