Access to Transfer Information for Community College Students Act
(a) (1) The governing board of each community college district shall direct the appropriate officials at their respective campuses to provide each of their students with a copy of the current transfer core curriculum.
(2) As used in this section, "transfer core curriculum" means the lower-division, general education transfer curriculum that, pursuant to Section 66720, is fully articulated between the California Community Colleges and the California State University and University of California.
(b) A copy of the current transfer core curriculum shall be distributed to each newly admitted community college student who is enrolled in a degree or certification program and is physically in attendance at the institution.
(c) The governing board of a community college district shall ensure that the text of the current transfer core curriculum is included in the published class schedule for each academic term. Copies of the transfer core curriculum may also be made available in other locations on each campus, including, but not necessarily limited to, all of the following:
(1) The admissions office.
(2) The bookstore.
(3) The career counseling center.
(4) The veteran's affairs office.
(d) Notwithstanding subdivision (c), the governing board of a community college may, as an alternative to the methods of distribution set forth in subdivision (c), distribute copies of the current transfer core curriculum by any of the following means:
(1) During the registration process.
(2) By mail, with the registration materials or the enrollment materials, or both, or with other items sent to students.
(3) During the issuance of student identification cards.
(4) During student orientation programs.
(e) Nothing in this section shall be construed to limit the distribution of the transfer core curriculum to community college students.
(Added by Stats. 2000, Ch. 187, Sec. 3.)
Education Code 66720