Escondido Union ESD | E 1312.3 Community Relations
Uniform Complaint Procedures
Phone: Work: Cell:
Date you believe the violation occurred:
State of complaint: (Please include names of persons involved, dates, locations, remedies attempted, and other facts pertinent to the complaint. Attach additional pages as needed.)
What would you like to see happen to resolve this complaint?
Signature of Complainant Date
Received by (name) Date received by District
What happens after you file this complaint?
1. Within the 30 calendar days, the district will investigate the complaint, prepare a findings and disposition report, and send a copy of that report to the complainant.
2. If all parties agree, the district may try to resolve the complaint through mediation.
3. If the complainant is dissatisfied with the decision, within 10 calendar days, he/she may file his/her complaint in writing with the Board of Education.
4. A final decision will be sent to the complainant within 60 calendar days of the district's receipt of the complaint.
5. If the complainant is dissatisfied with the district's final decision, within 15 calendar days, he/she may appeal in writing to the California Department of Education.
Exhibit ESCONDIDO UNION SCHOOL DISTRICT
version: September 24, 2009 Escondido, California