Escondido Union ESD | AR 4143.1 Personnel
Public Notice - Personnel Negotiations
The superintendent or designee shall prepare a summary of the proposed agreement, which shall include, but may not necessarily be limited to:
1. Major provisions of the agreement that affect compensation, such as:
a. Direct increases in salaries and percentage change in on-schedule salaries
b. Changes in health and welfare benefits
c. Changes in health and welfare benefit dollar contributions by the district
d. Changes in step and column or longevity provisions
e. Changes in overtime, differential, callback, and standby pay provisions
f. Changes in staffing ratios
g. One-time bonuses or off-the-schedule increases
2. Other provisions that will result in increased costs to the district even if they do not involve an increase in employee compensation, such as class-size reduction or increased number of staff development days.
3. Costs of the proposed agreement, for the current and subsequent fiscal years, categorized for salaries, benefits, other compensation, and other non-compensation costs, including percent increase of total compensation (salaries, benefits, and other compensation provisions) for the average represented employee as a result of the settlement and the approximate cost to the district of providing a one percent increase in total compensation.
4. Proposed source(s) of funding for the current and subsequent fiscal years including the assumptions used to determine available resources to meet the obligations of the proposed agreement.
5. Other major provisions that do not directly affect the district's costs, such as binding arbitration or grievance procedures.
A copy of the summary shall be provided to the County Superintendent of Schools.
A copy of the board policy implementing the public notice requirements shall be available in the district office. (8 CCR 32900)
ESCONDIDO UNION SCHOOL DISTRICT
April 14, 2005 Escondido, California