(a) Notwithstanding any other law, the Commission on Teacher Credentialing, the state board, and the department shall provide to the State Chief Information Officer the individual nonpersonally identifiable or aggregate data related to teacher distribution, educator credential status, pupil assessment and accountability, or other pupil academic and achievement data, including, but not limited to, data generated from, or related to, the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress, the English language development test, the Academic Performance Index (API), and adequate yearly progress data and calculations, graduation rates, pupils who dropout of school, and demographics of pupils and teachers.
(b) The data provided pursuant to the section shall be provided as follows:
(1) In a format that is agreeable to all relevant parties.
(2) In a timely manner, according to a schedule agreed upon by all relevant parties.
(3) At no cost to the State Chief Information Officer.
(c) The State Chief Information Officer may release the information provided pursuant to subdivision (a) in any of the following manners:
(1) On paper at a single location that is accessible to the public.
(2) Electronically at a single location that is accessible to the public.
(3) Electronically via the Internet.
(d) The State Chief Information Officer shall ensure that the use of this data is in compliance with applicable state and federal privacy laws.
(Amended by Stats. 2017, Ch. 641, Sec. 4.)